Christopher Coletti: Biography
Trumpeter/arrangerÂ Christopher ColettiÂ joined the Canadian Brass in 2009. Chris received his Masters Degree from The Juilliard School and his Bachelors Degree from Manhattan School of Music which he completed in just 3 years. Since joining the group, he has performed hundreds of concerts, TV and radio appearances around the world, recorded 4 billboard chart-topping/award-winning CDs, filmed multiple music videos, and arranged a plethora of music that the Brass has recorded and regularly performs.
Chris got his professional start as Principal Trumpet of The Huntsville Symphony in Alabama. Comfortable in many musical styles, he has performed with a wide range of musicians ranging from Yefim Bronfman, Pierre Boulez, Michael Tilson Thomas and Ricardo Muti to Quincy Jones, Carlos Santana, Gloria Estefan, and Miami Sound Machine.
Throughout his education Chris received multiple awards and scholarships, and won a number of competitions including the Music Academy of the West Chamber Concerto Competition, Manhattan School of Music Concerto Competition, LaGuardia Arts Concerto Competition Staten Island Symphony Concerto Competition, The Tanglewood Music Center Charles E. Culpeper Foundation Fellowship and Susan B. Kaplan Fellowship, The Juilliard School Frieda and Harry Aronson Scholarship, and The Manhattan School of Music President Scholarship. Among his numerous accolades, Chris also has perfect pitch, is a proficient whistler, and has the unique ability to sing an operatic high C.
Canadian Brass’ dedication to music education is a perfect fit for Chris, who enjoys sharing his unique perspective as a full-time performer, active educator, and recent college graduate with students and fellow teachers.
Chris performs exclusively onÂ Bach Artisan Trumpets (Bb, C, Eb and Piccolo), theÂ Bach 184ML Cornet and theÂ Conn “Vintage 1” (V1) Flugelhorn.Â He is a recording artist for the Toronto-based independent label,Â Opening Day Entertainment GroupÂ [Odeg].
- MM, The Juilliard School â The Juilliard School Frieda and Harry Aronson Scholarship
- Manhattan School of Music Concerto Competition
- BM, Manhattan School of Music â President Scholarship
- Music Academy of the West Chamber Concerto Competition
- LaGuardia Arts Concert Competition
- Staten Island Symphony Concerto Competition
- The Tanglewood Music Center Charles E. Culpeper Foundation Fellowship and Susan B. Kaplan Fellowship
- Graduate of the TanglewoodÂ Music Festival, Luzern Festival, Pacific Music Festival, Music Academy of the West, and Spoleto Piccolo and Opera Festival di Roma